DMC are an open source telecommunications services provider, based in Manchester, UK.
We are looking for a dynamic and pro-active person to join our technical team and help support our growing client base. You must be technically able to support the Linux operating system and troubleshoot hardware and network connectivity issues. An interest in telecommunications technologies is essential.
Full time, 37.5 hours per week, permanent.
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: 2013-08-16
Salary: £21,000 p.a.
- Answer the help desk telephone line and manage support tickets in our request tracking system,
- Give first line technical support as required and ensure that cases are escalated to the correct level in a timely fashion,
- Regularly check, action and log requests into the help desk system for cases logged by email, web or voice mail,
- Consistently provide excellent customer service.
Key Skills required
- Knowledge of Linux operating system,
- Experience of troubleshooting network problems,
- Excellent customer service skills,
- Confident, friendly and professional personality with a proactive and enthusiastic approach to work,
- Strong organisation skills especially the ability to multitask and prioritise workload,
- Ability to be self-motivated and work under minimal supervision,
- Good problem solving abilities and analytical skills,
- Full UK driving licence.
Direct applications only. Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.